캐나다 시민권법 개정될 거라는 소식이 드디어 아래와 같이 그 내용이 확정되었습니다.
2017년6월19일자로 변경 시행된 세부 시행령 주요 내용 원문입니다.
Immediate changes as of June 19, 2017
· Dual citizens living in Canada who are convicted of treason, spying or terrorism offences will face the Canadian justice system, like other Canadian citizens who break the law. Previously, the government retained the right to revoke such individuals’ citizenship.
· Applicants who might need to work or live outside of Canada for work or personal reasons are no longer required to present a formal intention to continue to living in Canada once granted citizenship.
· Minors (aged under 18 years) can now apply for citizenship without a Canadian parent, as the age requirement for citizenship has been removed.
· Individuals serving a conditional sentence will not be granted citizenship or be able to count this time towards meeting the physical presence requirements for citizenship.
· Statelessness is now considered a stand-alone ground for a discretionary grant of citizenship.
· It is now a requirement to take into consideration reasonable measures to accommodate the needs of a disabled person applying for citizenship.
· All applicants are required to remain eligible throughout the process, from the moment they apply, up to and including the moment they take the Oath of Citizenship.
부모의 시민권 신청과는 별도로, 이제는 18세 미만 자녀의 경우, 스스로 독립적으로 시민권 신청 자격이 주어집니다.
아래는 올해 가을부터 시행예정인 개정안 주요 내용 원문입니다:
Expected changes to take effect in Fall/Autumn 2017
· Applicants must be physically present in Canada for three out of five years (1,095 days), rather than the previous four out of six years, before applying for citizenship.
· In alignment to the new physical presence requirement, applicants must file Canadian income taxes, if required to do so under the Income Tax Act, for three out of five years, rather than previous four out of six years.
· Applicants no longer have to be physically present in Canada for 183 days in four out of six years before applying when considering residency years preceding a citizenship application.
· Time spent in Canada as a temporary resident, such as on a work or study permit or as a protected person, prior to becoming a permanent resident can now count a portion of this time towards the physical presence requirement for citizenship, up to a maximum credit of 365 days where each day counts as 0.5 days.
· Applicants between 18 and 54 years — rather than the previous 14 and 64 years — must meet the language and knowledge requirements for citizenship.
시민권 신청 직전 5년중의 3년(1,095일)이상을 캐나다에 실질적으로 체류하면 자격이 주어집니다.
영주권자가 되기 전에 학생비자나 취업비자 신분으로 캐나다 현지에 체류했던 기간은 1일을 0.5일로 반일 계산되어, 최대 1년까지에 한하여 일수로 포함 계산됩니다.
시민권 신청시 위의 체류일수와 함께, 5년중 3년 기간에 해당되는 캐나다 소득세 세금신고 기록을 제출하도록 요구 받습니다.
신청 가능한 나이는 만18세~54세까지이며, 간단한 기초적인 캐나다 역사/문화/사회 상식테스트와 함께 최소 영어 CLB 4에 해당되는 영어능력(ex. IELTS-general 4.0 정도)을 증빙하면 됩니다